‘X Factor’ Has Been Cancelled

x-factor-judges-ftr

[HollywoodLife] Apparently ‘X Factor’ did not mark the spot for Fox. The network is canceling the U.S. version of the singing competition series after judge and producer Simon Cowell announced his decision to return to the U.K. version of the show.

What would The X Factor be without its snarky, white T-shirt-wearing critic and creator Simon Cowell? Apparently the answer is “canceled!” After three seasons, Fox pulled the plug on the The X Factor immediately following Simon’s exit announcement on Feb. 7.

X-Factor-Gallery-2

‘X Factor’ Canceled — Fox Pulls Plug On Series After Three Seasons

The X Factor has been canceled after three seasons of dwindling ratings. But Fox entertainment chairman Kevin Reilly and FremantleMedia North America president of entertainment Trish Kinane both released statements pinning the cancellation on Simon’s departure.

Kevin Reilly said:

To all of us at Fox, Simon is more than one of the most prolific TV personalities of our time — he’s part of our family. A consummate showman and partner, there’s no one more passionate or creative than Simon, and we feel so fortunate to have enjoyed such a wonderful, collaborative relationship with him over the past 12 years. Unfortunately, there is no X Factor without Simon Cowell, but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life. We wish him the very best, and it’s our sincere hope that we work together again soon.

And Trish Kinane added:

The X Factor has become a true global hit entertainment format produced locally in 45 countries, and since its launch in 2004, has been watched by more than half a billion people around the world. The U.S. version of The X Factor has had a great run dominating the social media charts and discovering internationally successful artists, but Simon’s return to the U.K. X Factor has been long anticipated.”

It sounds like Simon, 54, will definitely be missed!

Simon Cowell Reveals The Reason Why He’s Returning To UK Version Of ‘X Factor’

And the feeling is mutual. Simon said in a statement released on Feb. 7:

I’ve had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on The X Factor and American Idol. And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!). Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the U.K. version of The X Factor in 2014. So for now, I’m back to the U.K. and I want to thank Fox for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. America, I’ll see you soon!

We’ll definitely miss The X Factor, but we have to agree that the show just wouldn’t have been the same without Simon.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you sad that The X Factor has been canceled? Would YOU have watched the show without Simon Cowell? Let us know.

Advertisements